Saturday, May 9, 2009

Race for the Cure

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. I hate blogging with no pictures. I haven't taken any cute ones for a while.
Today we went to the Gateway and ran a 5K for Race for the Cure. We have done this for a couple of years. Karen's mom died of breast cancer, and we have more people than we would like in our family that have been affected with breast cancer. It is so inspiring to go and see all those people support the cause. This year was the first year that Ben and I actually ran the race. I have to admit I got misty eyed more than once, running by people with survivor shirts, and families cheering for their loved ones.
Everyone is welcome to join us next year. We always have a great time.

(I'll have to post pictures later, I can't find them)

No comments: