Monday, April 4, 2011

The Face of an Angel

I love this face. He is one of my favorite people, BUT, he has one problem. He HATES!!!! to sleep. I'm pretty sure if his body didn't fall asleep on its own, he would not sleep. Unfortunately tonight was one of those nights. Full on melt down, there have been a few times in his short life that he has had a melt down like this. Once when he was 2, laying on his bed, screaming, " I don't want to go to sleep" over and over, tears flowing like down his cheeks. Just out of control. I'm not sure you will really understand that scene. Hopefully you will never see it. The second time, Boston was 4, on vacation to Disneyland, Easter Sunday, strapping Boston into his car seat after church. I'm sure he knew he was going to fall asleep on the way back to the hotel, and again, same melt down. This time however there was witnesses. The whole Gunn family was present. It was awesome! One day I will get it on tape. So, Boston is now almost 6. Unfortunately we had that melt down tonight. It was my fault though. You see, Boston needs to go to bed on time and have a routine. This week-end we totally messed that up. Late nights at friends, sleeping at the Grandparents, and tonight, I thought that I would throw in a cousin sleep-over. Need less to say, I am getting pretty good at talking him down, and I'm sure it doesn't hurt that he is older. I love Boston so much. Hopefully one day he will LOVE to sleep and this will just be a funny memory. ( It is for the Gunn's, every time we talk about it, they laugh. Its not funny for me yet).

No comments: