I can't believe that it is already October, and the weather the last two weekends has proved it. The transitional seasons of spring and fall in Utah have been pretty non-existent the last couple of years. We'll go directly from a scorching hot summer into a bitter winter without any mild temperatures, and then right back into summer without much of a spring. It's kind of depressing in some ways, as spring and fall are my favorite seasons. We were able to see the beginning of the trees turning on our camping trip, but I'm afraid that the winter-like weather of the last two weekends will knock all the colors off the trees. I can only hope that this transition-less season change will lead to an early snow-packed ski season.
Because of the weather, we have not been able to do much over the last couple of weeks. I've been trying to keep up with my workout and diet routine to get in shape for our cruise in January, but didn't do so well this last week. I was able to get out and run on Monday and Jenny, Boston and Jaegan accompanied me to the park Thursday afternoon to get in a run before our shows (My Name Is Earl and The Office) started. By the way, the season premier of 30 Rock was REALLY funny. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
Monday (Heroes) and Thursday are really the only days that we watch TV. Otherwise, we're watching movies with Boston. His new favorite is The Jungle Book. He refers to himself as "Man Cub" and gets confused when we tell him the man cub's name is Mowgli.
Jae has just been getting bigger. He's smiling a lot, but is also a lot more grumpy. I think he's starting to realize that crying and fussing is a good way to get what he wants. Eventually, after trying the bottle, then the binkie, then the blankie, then the cuddling, then the whatever-else, mom and dad will usually get to what he needs.
That really does about sum up the last couple of weeks. It will be a sneeze and a sniffle and then it will be December. At least we have the cruise to keep us interested as the weather turns to gray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey fellow blogger! so a cruise coming up? no fair! have you guys been on one before? make sure to stock up on those wrist bracelets that keep you from getting seasick. they were my best friend. i like the picture of you guys camping, you have such a cute family. well i overdo it a bit with the blogging but we wanted to remember everything that goes on here. hopefully if you get some time you'll enjoy the stories in there. they are all true, i have witnesses.
I can't believe it is October already too. When are we going to have an Office party? Lately I've been watching by myself. It's so much more fun to laugh with others. Then I don't sit and analyze my laugh.
Post a Comment