Sunday, August 5, 2007

Jenny and I have started a new full time job in addition to our regular job. It is potty training Boston, and it is a full time job. We try to be diligent in asking him regularly if he needs to go, keeping up with him so he doesn't have accidents, try to get him excited about going on his own (treats, toy cars, heaps of praise). I will say that he has made progress in the past week. We have stopped buying diapers and purchased a small inventory of briefs to keep things fresh. He has an accident or two per day, but if we stay on top of things, he does pretty good. We are hopeful that he will catch on and that we don't give him a complex that would scare him off the toilet until he's five.

Yesterday, we were able to attend the baptism of our neice, Chloee. Jenny and Chloee have a special bond and it was fun to be a part of things. Boston was excited, too. He wanted to get in the water with Chloee and his grandpa. We were lucky that he didn't jump in like he does at the pool. It was satisfying in a way to have him be so excited about being baptized. Jenny has also been working on teaching him about missions. I came home from an early meeting before church and they had been singing "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission." He told me he was going on a mission and then Jenny and him sang the song for me. These are the moments that make being a parent worth it.

As for the past week, it was business as usual at our house. We are pretty low key during the week as work and two kids keep us busy. At least this entry isn't overlong like the last few have been.

2 comments:

Matt Hale said...

Did you buy him some undies with Speed McQueen on them? If anything, I would think Speed McQueen underpants would motivate him.

Ben said...

He didn't have any problem peeing all over spiderman, so I don't know that speed mcqueen would make much difference.